Monday, June 28, 2010

House of Art

Well, my husband and I are almost completely settled into our new home and are finally getting down to what's really important to us...ART! We love buying original art and supporting great artists. Over the past year I had advertised several Pieces & Artists on our blog that I felt a real connection to and I am pleased say that I was finally able to support these artists and get my hands on some of their amazing work!

A creative mind that I have been a huge fan of for a long time is Matteart (who I discovered on Etsy).  He is an amazing artist currently residing in Portland Oregon. His pieces are fun and inspirational and I am glad to say that 5 of his beautiful prints are now displayed in my front stairwell! It was a tough decision, but here are the 5 prints that my husband and I chose.

"Feeding Birds"
"Happy Outing"

"Lord Admiral Hiratio Byrd following his true dream became a florist after the great war"
"Sir Milton Crawford and his wife Lady Olivia Crawford return to London after a weekend in the country"
"Alfred was obviously underdressed for his induction into the Adventurers Hall of Fame"
The last piece (above) was featured in our blog several months ago on a wishlist of mine. I am so glad to say that I own one of these limited edition prints! To see the rest of Mattearts Designs visit his web-shop


Another artist that I featured on a past wishlist was Catalin. Her beautiful paintings are mesmerizing! When I first joined Etsy several years ago I was so taken with this shop that I sent them a message just to tell them how wonderful I thought their pieces were although at the time I had nowhere to display one of them. Well, it took 3 years, but here is the custom painting she did for us!



It is currently in the mail making it's way to Canada! I can't wait to hang this gorgeous painting above my piano where I can enjoy it every day. To see Catalin's entire collection of work visit her web-shop


Pictures of my fun, finished, furnished house coming soon!
 
~Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment